2018年1月16日 星期二

English Speaking Day 15th January 2018


Teacher: Mr. Sheedy

Student: F.4 & F5A





F.4

Edison
My favorite type of music is funk and electronica. The artist I enjoy listening to most is Mashmello, who is one of the best DJ in the world. My favorite song of his is called “Ritual”. I love the melody in this song as the beat is really positive.

Darius
I’m a big fan of British rock music. My favorite artist is a new band called “Royal Blood”. They’re really special as they only have a bass player and a drummer. My favorite song is called “Figure it out”. It has a great bass riff which is really catchy and has a heavy hard rock sound 

Ken 
The type of music I enjoy most is electronic music. My favorite artist is Alan Walker and I really enjoy his work. His music is memorable because of the catchy melodies in his songs. My favorite song is called “afraid”. It was the first song I heard from this artist. It’s easy to sing and I can relate to its themes of thinking about my past and where I am now.

F.5A

Cami: Hey Christine, do you have anything to do this weekend?
Christine: No, but I want to watch a film.
Cami: Which film do you want to watch?
Christine: I have read young post of south china morning post last week. There Is a review about a movie called wonder and I am interested in it.
Cami: Oh! I’ve read it too. Is it this one? Let’s go for it.
Christine: Yes, I think it is a meaningful movie that is suitable for our fellow schoolmates too. Let’s share the movie to them.
Cami: Sure!
Christine: Wonder is a moving and thought-provoking drama about a young boy who was born with facial defects. Because of his genetic disorder, August has
to regularly go to hospital, which prevents him from going to school.
Cami: Growing up, August’s mother teaches him at home, while his father
goes to work. One day, his parents decide it is time for him to go to
a mainstream school.
Christine: August tries his best to fit in at school and proves that he is no different from his classmates. Along the way, the young hero encourages his family, classmates and the community to accept individual differences, appreciate people for their inner beauty and to always be kind.
Cami: This film is educational. It teaches us not to judge others simply by their
appearance.
Christine: You are right! Fellow students, are you interested in this movie? Don’t miss it! Thank you very much.

沒有留言:

張貼留言